Monday, October 18, 2010

Let's Talk About Today

So, I stepped on a wasp yesterday. Normally if I get stung by a wasp, it swells to the size of, like, a golf ball. I think it was a red wasp. Cuz the bottom of my foot isn't swollen. The top, however, resembles a baseball glove. Well...an ivory skin-toned baseball glove. With a pink balloon attatched to the top.

I went to the doctor today cuz I can't stand for like 10 minutes with pressure on it cuz it hurts to do so. I just got back a little over 20-30 minutes ago. She gave me Methylprednisolone tablets. The packaging makes it sound serious.

"Keep Patient under close observation of a physician." "Store at 20-25 degrees C (68-77 F) (see USP Controlled Room Temperature)" "KEEP THIS AND ALL DRUGS OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN." "TAKE WITH FOOD"

Umm...okay? YES MR CARDBOARD BOX I WILL FOLLOW YOUR INSTRUCTIONS!!

Don't ya just hate when people type at you in all caps? I do...it feels like they're yelling at me.
Of course, normal people only yell if they're angry, excited, or if you can't hear them. Caps typing is...pointless. It doesn't make you read it any better.

WHAT?! I'M SORRY, I COULDN'T READ WHAT YOU WERE TYPING AT ME. TYPE IT LOUDER PLEASE.

Pointless. But, yeah, it sounds serious. Also, the packaging says "NO REFILS LEFT" (again with the caps) so I'm thinking I was special. Actually, the only thing it has in lower case is the place I got it from and something about FDA contact info for side effects. O_O

Let's not forget, I got this for a wasp sting. I don't need, like, friggen Penacyllin. And I got some prescription version of Benedril to go along with it...and while I was there, I got some birth control (dum dum DUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMM) I only do all caps for emphasis.

On another note, I grew two inches!! That's a big deal for me cuz I'm short. Actually, I'm 5'5 now.
I have to wait til my next period to start the pill cuz I have to start the day after I get off. I got off last Monday, but if I start it today, I'll be a week behind, so there's no real point...

-Sigh- I absolutely HATE hospitals. Particularly needles. When I was in first grade, I got really sick at school for no apparent reason. My mom took me to LeBonuer (however you spell it). I had to get a CATscan and drink some weird thick, white stuff that looked like milk, but tasted like...**shudder**
They thought I had leukemia. I had bronchitis. Dipshits...

No comments:

Post a Comment